Just over one in five (22 percent) homeowners that intend to sell think now is a good time to sell their home, according to a survey just released by Redfin. While this may not sound that great, it is a almost a 50 percent (46.7) increase from the prior quarter survey when only 15 percent of homeowners surveyed thought now was a good time to sell. Homeowners surveyed were much more in agreement on where home prices are headed in the coming year, with 81 percent of them agreeing home prices are going to increase in the next 12 months.
- 81% believe prices will rise in the next 12 months, up from 75% in the fourth quarter;
- 34.1% indicated that missing out on future price gains was a major concern, up from 30.6%, and overtaking general economic conditions (33.8%) as the top concern;
- 49% indicated that they were planning to sell, up from 45%;
- 47% would also consider renting out their home instead of selling, up from 43%;
- 22% believe now is a good time to sell, up from 15%
- 54% believe it is a good time to buy, down from 58%